Terms and Conditions
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
By booking your event with Huntstile Organic Farm, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Your Event Booking
- a) All offers and bookings are subject to availability.
- b) The person making the booking (“the Hirer”) must be over 18 years of age. The Hirer will be responsible for making all payments in relation to the booking.
- c) VAT is included in any price quoted unless stated “plus VAT”, such price will be amended to reflect any change to the VAT rate if necessary.
- d) We require a cautionary £1500 deposit (see below) upon booking – provisional bookings will only be held for 7 days pending return of booking form and deposit.
- e) On receipt of our confirmation of the booking it is the Hirer’s responsibility to check all details; please notify us immediately if anything is not correct.
- f) All catered food is provided by Huntstile Organic Farm with the exception of a wedding cake
- Payment & Prices
- a) The final balance is due one month prior to the date of the event.
- b) Payment can be made by cheque, debit card, cash or direct transfer (please ask for details). Payment can also be made by credit card, however as with all credit card payments accepted here, there is a 3.5% service charge which we pass on to you, the customer.
- c) Non-payment by the due date will be treated as cancellation.
- d) Prices on our website can change without notice.
- Cancellation by You
- a) If you wish to cancel your booking, the Hirer should contact us by telephone as soon as possible.
- b) The cautionary deposit of £1500 is NON-REFUNDABLE upon cancellation.
- c) We reserve the right to make a full charge for venue and marquee hire for any cancellation within 6 months of the event date.
- d) For your peace of mind we recommend you take out insurance for your event.
- Cancellation by Us
- a) We do not expect to have to make any changes to your booking but very occasionally problems do occur and bookings do have to be changed or cancelled
- b) We would only cancel your booking if the venue was unavailable for reasons beyond our reasonable control; for example flooding, fire, damage to the property (this list is not intended to be finite).
- c) In such instance we would attempt to offer you an alternative venue, however if this is not possible we would offer you a full refund of monies you have paid towards your Event. We would not be held responsible for any additional costs incurred by yourselves.
- Cautionary Deposit
- a) The venue must be left clean and in the same good condition as on arrival. Any breakages must be reported to the owners and we reserve the right to charge for any non-trivial damage/extra cleaning which will be deducted from your cautionary deposit.
- b) The cautionary deposit of at least £1500 is required at booking as stated in section 1. (this amount may vary due to event type).
- c) The cautionary deposit will be refunded to the Hirer promptly by cheque at the end of your hire period.
- d) Any additional charges (i.e. for damages, additional corkage fees etc.) will be deducted from your deposit.
- Occupation of the Property
- a) The number of people occupying the property must not exceed the number stated when booking.
- b) Guests staying at the property must be detailed to the owner prior to the event.
- c) The property will be available from 2.00pm on the day of arrival
- d) Departure time is 11am promptly.
- e) Children are welcome at the property and must be supervised at all times.
- f) One well-behaved pet is accepted at the property by prior agreement. Please note:
- they must not be left alone in the bedrooms or allowed to foul the gardens
- An extra cleaning charge will be made
- party members with allergies should be made aware that pets are allowed and we cannot be held liable for any adverse reaction they may suffer as a result
- g) If you have any difficulties with the property, require maintenance or have a complaint you should contact us immediately. Complaints can only be addressed if they are raised prior to departure.
- h) We reserve the right to call a halt to any party if we reasonably believe that damage is likely to be caused or has been caused by any member of your party. Should this occur no refund will be given.
- i) Corkage fees will be charged on any imported drinks in accordance with our drinks policy.
- j) Maximum capacity for events without marquee are strictly 42 or 50 seated and 75 for an informal buffet style event. With the marquee is up to 135 seat or 175 informal buffet-style event.
- k) The property is strictly no smoking. Smoking outside of the property is permitted, please ensure that all stubs and ash are disposed of and not left on the ground or in plant containers.
- l) There is a car park adjacent to the farmhouse driveway. Vehicles must not be parked in a manner which would cause difficulties for adjoining properties and (where applicable) farm vehicles.
- m) Any additional cleaning instance caused as a result of a guest over-indulging (i.e. vomit) will be charge at a minimum rate of £175.
- n) Any guests not staying in the farmhouse accommodation at Huntstile must leave the premises by 1.30am. This includes campers.
Fireworks & Wish Lanterns
A small fireworks display can be held BEFORE 10.30pm – after this time it is not possible with no exceptions.
Wish Lanterns are a beautiful and symbolic gesture but unfortunately, due to the recent environmental debate on the effect of the components of wish lanterns being chopped up into animal forage after they land, and the littering caused by such, we cannot allow their use during events at Huntstile.
We have a camping area in an orchard on the farm which some guests may choose to camp in. These pitches are £15 per night for a 2 man pitch and £20 for a pitch for up to 4 guests. Additional guests are charged for – please see the Camping page on our website. All pitches are situated in a ‘quiet zone’ and guests are reminded that some of our workers/neighbours have to be up and about early 7 days a week and we also have lots of children camping with their families, therefore we ask you and your guests to please respect this and we expect our campers to maintain silence between 10.30pm and 7.30am. Campers may book in for breakfast provided they book and pay for this in advance.
- Outside Noise, Live Music etc.
We have always enjoyed live music at Huntstile; the rule being that there is no loud/live music in the dining marquee or gardens, background music is permissible.
We are quite happy for music to continue in the dining hall until 01:00 on a Saturday, or 00:00 (midnight) on any other day. There will be no loud music after this time. There is a noise limiter fitted, which is in place for the protection of the fabric of the house. We ask that you respect this and keep the level of noise within this limit.
It is now a legal requirement that any electrical goods bought onto the premises have an up to date PAT (Portable Appliance Test) certificate and any performer (band/DJ, entertainer etc.) have proof of Public Liability Insurance to the value of at least £10,000,000, and provide a Risk Assessment for each event.
In the interest of guest safety we have a zero tolerance of drug abuse and anyone who is found to be taking illegal substances will be escorted off the premises, whether they are staying at Huntstile Farmhouse or not. No refund will be given.
- We have described the property as accurately as possible however we do not accept any liability for errors or minor differences in our brochures or on our website.
- The use of accommodation and gardens is entirely at the Hirer’s risk and no responsibility can be accepted for injury, loss or damage to the Hirer or the Hirer’s companions or guests, vehicles or personal possessions.
- Your statutory rights are not affected by anything contained within these Terms and Condition.
- Please check our website for updates on these Terms & Conditions
©version 04/05/ 2015