Weddings and Parties
"PERFECT!" "helpful, smiling staff" "amazing food!"
"simply...the BEST day of our lives!"
"beautiful surroundings" "...felt like home"
"the most FABULOUS weekend!"
Huntstile is magical, a beautiful place set in ancient hills, the perfect way to celebrate your wedding – and our hearts are set on making your day just how you want it!
If you have been searching for a perfect wedding venue in Somerset, that will have brought you right here.
At Huntstile we know the meaning of a relaxed and friendly atmosphere…it’s how we live.Huntstile is unique, perfect for that vintage wedding feel, and we tailor-make your day around what you want not around what we would like you to do. We have 2 gorgeous rooms licensed for civil ceremonies; the Dining Hall (65) and the Garden Room (120 max. seated inside). This room can also be used for garden ceremonies in good weather, with most of the ceremony taking place on the steps and your guests seated in the garden. There are a couple of legal requirements that need to take place under the licensed roof. You can hold your wedding feast here in the farmhouse & dining marquee for up to 150 guests seated or up to 175 guests for an informal finger buffet. There is the facility to hire in an add-ons to the marquee for a bigger event and up to 180 seated guests. For a more intimate wedding, you can dine in our lovely Garden Room, 10 – 50 guests (click here for more piccies) ♥ …or email us here –> firstname.lastname@example.org – click here for info on Civil Ceremonies at Huntstile Farm Beautiful Bluebird Marquee by Verdigris Styling – Wedding Venues Somerset – video link
*photo above by simonbiffen.com ‘Drinks in the garden at Huntstile’ We have accommodation for up to 35 included in the venue hire and a further 6 guests in the farm cottage, plus camping pitches for a further 30 guests. There are other places to stay within walking distance.
Read our guest testimonials and see below for more details…
English Country Weddings ♥It’s lots of fun getting married in the country, sipping Pimms and homemade lemonade in the sunshine, drinking English tea from vintage tea cups and nibbling dainty little cakes in the farmhouse garden, festooned with bunting, overlooking the beautiful fields! Huntstile is a relaxed and friendly wedding venue giving a professional service and serving outstanding delicious food. Huntstile is a working organic farm nestled into the beautiful foothills of the Quantocks, among some of the most breath-taking scenery on offer. There is a very pretty little church just 1 mile from Huntstile or you can use the stone circle for a ceremony of your choice
Relaxing surroundings and a friendly team of staff to look after your every need – you name it and we can provide it at Huntstile.
Civil Ceremony ♥We have 2 lovely rooms licensed for Civil Ceremonies at Huntstile: the Garden Room (seated capacity 75 + standing) and the Dining Hall (seated capacity 65 + standing).We do not make any charges for this facility but you will need to pay the registrar fees for them to come and marry you – click here for further details.
Hand-Fastings at our stone circle ♥The Stone Circle was built in 2005 for a very special hand-fasting ceremony.
Made from ancient staddle stones, the circle lies on the edge of a wood upon a hilltop with breathtaking views across the county. We can recommend an excellent celebrant to perform the ceremony if required. Guests will be transported to and from the farm on a hay-bale ride in our tractor & trailer – great fun! (please remember: sensible footwear is a must)
The views from this beautiful spot are just amazing… Click here for more photos…
The stone circle is a magical spot to celebrate your marriage and make your vows to each other, as there are no legal restrictions you are free to write your own ceremony which can be a profound or as simple as you wish, because the choice is yours.
We also do great Food! ♥
We offer a wide choice of menus – from simple finger buffets to a massive pig roast with sumptuous fresh salads & roast potatoes, from a medieval banquet to fully organic speciality 5 courses. Within 6 miles of Huntstile are 5 wonderful organic farms producing some of the finest foods available. We specialise in locally produced, seasonal fresh and tasty food, catering for all: omnivores, vegetarian, vegan (and we also do some very good wheat-free and lactose-free choices too) – please ask for more details – and, if you have a particular favourite that is not mentioned, we can do that too!
There is excellent accommodation available at the farmhouse for you and your guests; we have 9 bedrooms sleeping up to 27 guests included in the venue hire, one of which is the romantic Panelled Room on the left, with its elegant furnishings. Other popular choices are the sweet little Summerhouse, pictured here on the right – and we have every stop in between – see our Accommodation page for more details. Feather duvets and pillows, big snuggly beds with excellent quality mattresses and fluffy white towels are all provided for your comfort. We also have…
Camping, Glamping and a Bow-topped Gypsy Caravan…
There is a small camping area next to the farmhouse and another in the orchard which are a great option for guests who don’t mind getting their wellies on for the weekend – max.30 people (or 15 tents) – available at an additional charge. A new addition to Huntstile this year is Killi’s Haven, our renovated pretty little Bow-topped Gypsy Caravan…adjacent to the bow-top is our Shepherd’s Hut Trailer with large 6ft-wide double bed. Both these units share a bathroom a short distance away…this is truly glamping in its finest hour…
We are proud to be recommended by the Natural Wedding Company tooAvailability…♥ This year… next year – the year after? For prices and options click here – or call Lizzie for availability on 01278 662358…or pop an email over to us: email@example.com See our AMAZING Late Availability offers! Please note: we are sorry but we are unable to hold a date for you until you have been to view Huntstile
Sorry there isn’t room on here for lots more piccies …but have no fear – for more shots of Huntstile weddings, the marquee, bedrooms, reception rooms, grounds and gardens etc.) please visit our Facebook page, where brides past and present have posted pics galore. Click on these links to see some more lovely pics: Noel Deasington Photography Richard Lewis Photography – Steve Gerrard Photography – Lisa Dawn Photography – Graham Morgan Photography – PhotoDabek –
Good Local Suppliers ♥
If you are local supplier please click here!
It’s true that there is nothing so good as a personal recommendation – and please note: we do not take a commission – these people listed below are just really good suppliers!
- Forall Flowers, whether in jam jars or jugs, posies or pedestals, see these lovely locally grown flowers from J W Blooms, fabulous – and low mileage!
Also – check out Lisa’s lovely flowers at Dotty Daisies – beautiful fresh designs, from just down the lane!
- Our very own village Photographers have taken some beautiful wedding shots at Huntstile – please visit Hannah & James’ website to see their stunning portfolio for yourself Hannah James Photography …
- For Music we are so lucky to have Snappa as a local band – they are a high energy 3 piece covers band, with a definite style that will guarantee to get your party up and dancing the night away – but be warned: they get booked up very early, so you need to get in quickly…
…Also have you seen Sun Dog Days? Aaah! Are you in for a treat! Check these guys (eyes right) out for a chilled reception vibe
- DJ’s – we have a great local DJ Zac Peters does a really good party set – visit his blog spot to see what he’s up to…
- Rachel Louise has created beautiful Bridal Hair creations for many of our lovely Huntstile Brides for further information contact 01823 339988 or email: Rachel@rachel-louise.com
- For some Swing Jazz numbers try The Hipcats – lots of different options from cool lounge notes to a swinging six piece band with saxaphone/trombone/trumpet
- If you would like to services of a Professional Makeup Artist for your wedding day, then look no further than ♥Amy Elizabeth.
- For all your Party and Garden Games, wedding favours and lovely stationery contact Boxclever Weddings!
- For a great Wedding Hairdresser call Dawn Slade 07921 837557
- If you choose to do our own music, whether its an iPod jukebox, your mum doing a DJ stint or even if you are re-forming your high-shool band for ‘one night only’ – you can’t do better than contact Jim Hedges at Bish Bosh Sound in Bridgwater – he can supply you with all the lighting and equipment you need for any occasion. Good quality, meets all the regulations, delivered on site – perfect.
- Beautiful♥Wedding gowns, Bridesmaids Dresses and Men’s Hire – just around the corner from Huntstile, at Wedding Elegance…
- Looking for a special theme to your wedding? Look no further! Crescent Moon who specialise in event styling for contemporary occasions!
********************************************************************************************************************We are featured in Sawdays Special Venues book and have been voted as one of the Top 50 Wedding Venues in UK! (The Independent)