…Camping, Glamping, Gypsy Wagons
We have a pretty orchard and adjacent field that is perfect for camping. Fantastic views across the countryside & many fine farm walks, with public footpaths from the farm gate. Lots of wildlife including badgers, rabbits and foxes, buzzards and skylarks, clear skies, fields of wheat to roam...
There are 2 drinking water standpipes on the side of the field with fresh mains drinking water, and there is a composting loo in the orchard. Our lovely heated shower block (with hot water on demand!) is 2 mins walk back to the farmhouse. There is a washing up area here and a fridge freezer dedicated for campers, hairdryers and even an ironing board!
Breakfasts and suppers are available if required.
At Huntstile you can help with feeding times for our pet piggies, goats and chickens if you ask a member of staff.
Our dogs and cats all like to be talked to – they might even take you for a walk if you are lucky! There are woodlands, fields and footpaths to explore and a large trampoline in the garden for children’s use during the summer.
We are in a lovely spot with very little light pollution beautiful starry skies on clear nights.
Please note: There are two electrical hook-ups with hard-standing charged at an additional £3.50 per night. We have no facilities for emptying chemical toilets at Huntstile.
This is a small, basic site (field) with only 10 pitches in two fields. There is the field adjacent to the farmhouse garden, which may be used in between the crops. Lots of wildlife, butterflies & birds. Please see terms and conditions below
- Small pitch (two man tent) – £15.00 per night
- Large Pitch – £20.00 per night for up to 4, extra adults + £4 per person, children + £2 per child + £2 for a dog
- You can book in for breakfast if you would like to: £10 for adult/£6 child – full English, toast, coffee/tea & juice etc
- There are toilets and hot showers free for campers to use and a communal fridge with freezer space
- Washing machine and tumble drier facilities are charged for
Terms & Conditions of Booking a pitch:- (A.K.A.*RULES*!)
- *Your pitch price needs to be paid for in full at the time of booking – we will hold a reservation for 5 days without payment.
- Our campsite is situated in a ‘quiet zone’ and guests are reminded that some of our workers/neighbours have to be up and about early 7 days a week and we also have lots of children camping with their families, therefore we ask you and your guests to please respect this and we expect our campers to maintain silence between 10.30pm and 7.30am.
- Please use a stand for disposable BBQ’s rather than the grass…as John gets very grumpy if there are bog black holes in it(!) We have a charcoal BBQ you can usually use
- There is a rubbish recycling point next to the camping loo that we are fanatical about – please recycle as much as you possibly can!
- Please remember! At all times we are a working farm, so there will be large machinery moving around at most times of the year somewhere on the farm. There can be dangerous pieces of machinery in the two yards – we don’t like to restrict access on any parts of the farm, and we actively encourage children to ask questions about farming and see the combine harvester and tractors in action, as long as parents are happy to supervise – thank you for helping Huntstile to stay safe!
Bow-topped Gypsy Caravan & Shepherds Hut Trailer ♥These lovely examples of ‘life in the slow lane’ will give you a taste of how life used to be before computers and iPhones… (see photosabove)
There is a little log-burner with a hob inside the caravan, along with a rather cosy double bed, weighing in at 4ft wide x max.6ft long (across the width of the bow-top). A little step is provided for getting into the bed and a certain degree of agility is necessary. Killi’s has tea and coffee making facilities and some basic ‘no frills’ cooking utensils. This accommodation is quite weeny and best suited to petite couples (or a single person) under 6ft!
Adjacent to Killi’s Haven is the Shepherds Hut Trailer, which has a table & chairs, mini fridge, electric heating, picnic gear, BBQ and a huge and very comfy 6ft wide bed, plus the facility for a bench to pull-out into a 3ft bunk – sleeps up to 3 guests (2+1). Killi’s Haven and the Shepherds Hut – and an outside mm the shower block is close by.
Booking…Gypsy Wagon (right and below) minimum of 2 nights
- £60 per night for 2 nights (with breakfast)
- £55 per night for 3 nights plus (with breakfast)
- £75 per night for 2 guests (including breakfast)
- extra 1 bunk available – byo sleeping bag (incl.breakfast)
…and, if you really can’t bear to be without it, there is even a plug point for charging your mobile phone
Bell Tent ♥
We also have our lovely canvas Bell Tent (5m) in the orchard with a king-size bed, bunting and a tea-light chandelier!
Composting toilet and fresh drinking water close by, hot showers are a 3 minute walk to the farmhouse Shower Block
The Bell Tent is £75 for 1 night including breakfast for 2 (£135 for 2 nights for 2).
The Bell Tent will sleep up to 4. In addition to the king-size bed there are 2 rollout mattresses, you’ll need sleeping bags for the extra guests and pay an additional £10 each for the 2 extra breakfasts