Volunteering at Huntstile Farm
At Huntstile there is usually a project on, and we like to get things done together, working as a team.
Whether its building an animal shelter, renovating a barn, hay-making, adding raised beds to the veg garden, weeding said beds, rotovating, cutting back, putting new fencing in, pressing cider apples, harvesting potatoes, hedge trimming, chipping stuff, tiling the roof, moving/feeding the pigs/cows/chickens…you get the idea.
We are always on the lookout for trusty helpers – be you ‘wwoofers’ or not, any volunteers who want to learn, your assistance is always appreciated here and we need you!
We offer a unique opportunity to learn more about growing food, how it’s done, why we do it and what you need to start off doing it yourself.
We've had people from all walks of life volunteer with us over the years, from Systems Analysts to Hot Air Balloon Pilots and we're delighted that so many of they have become friends.
You don’t need any qualifications to be a volunteer, just a will to learn new skills and stamina for hard work (- and, believe me, it is hard work!). We will compensate you with bed & full board and a lifetime’s experience and knowledge. We're a small friendly team who work like the clappers.
Need to know
- Minimum stay 1 week
- April through to October (occasionally at other times)
- 30 hours work a week required from you
- Bed & board supplied
- Shared single sex accommodation in clean and tidy static caravan plus other accommodation available at certain times
- hook up for own van available instead if preferred
- Most diets can be accommodated, however please discuss before you arrive
- Book your week in as early as you can, it gets very popular in the summer!
Please contact Lizzie or Lindsey for further details.