Open Farm Sunday 8th June 2014 from 12noon
Come and visit Huntstile for Open Farm Sunday!
At Huntstile Organic Farm there’s nothing we enjoy more than throwing open the gates and encouraging people to come and see what we do. The Open Days are a good excuse to eat cream teas if nothing else! …but as it happens there is a lot more going on that just that…..
- John has got the tractors out, so you can sit up and do some virtual farming at least!- he is also doing some haybale rides about the farm on the Tractor & Trailer – take a trip up to the Stone Circle with John as your tour-guide. He will let you into the world of organic farming, the crops we grow, the rotations we use, why organics is naturally better for the environment and for people in general
- Meet our piggies! Rose, Maggie, Rosemary and young piglets – assorted spots of black, orange, grey and pink. We have Gloucester Old Spot and crosses with Oxford Sandy & Blacks- as well as our resident Golden Guernsey goat Gertie (aliteration at it’s finest) with her 3 companions and our flock of organic chickens.
- Farm Walks – why not pick up a map from the cafe and wander at your own pace? Up to the stone circle, through the woods, around the wild-life pond, or catch a ride on the tractor & trailer.
- Cream Teas and refreshments in the cafe - delicous home-made organic cream teas in the farmhouse garden and cafe.
- Sample a local tipple at our Cider Bar
- Face Painting for the children
- Wine Tasting with Quantock Abbey Wine Cellars
- Floral Displays with JW Blooms
- Chicks and Chicken & Rosie the Pig!
- Games & Fun!
…and its FREE entry! lots of free parking – only the refreshments to pay for!