Quantock Beekeepers are coming to our Open Farm Sunday to give out information on all things bees!
Beekeeping Courses run by the Quantock Beekeepers
Full weekend intensive workshop to enlighten all on the art of beekeeping
This intensive 2 day course is a good mixture of practical hands-on experience working with the bees, alongside the relevant knowledge and history that you will need to look after your own hive and produce honey.
Full advice is given:
- Where to purchase your bees
- Frames and hives, different makes, pros and cons
- Hand-on building workshop will teach you how to assemble and maintain a hive
- Where to keep your bees
- How to look after them
- Harvesting your own honey
- “What to do and when” guide, everything you learn is in this guide for you to take home with you
- Protective equipment supplied for use during the course – bee-suits, gloves etc.)
£195 per person – please call 01278 662358 for further details on course dates or to book a place.
includes Huntstile lunches on Saturday and Sunday (special diets catered for)
Keeping bees is something I have longed to do from being a child. In fact, I have no idea why I haven’t done it before now. I was completely outbid on some bee-keeping equipment at the Walford Cross auction last year, and there was not a sausage in the beekeeping department to be found there this year, so we are going to have to bite the bullet and purchase some gear.
Quantock Bee Keepers Association have a wealth of knowledge that they are happy to impart to you – they run practical courses for beginners and intermediates with demonstrations about building hives, swarm management, pests and diseases etc.