House Policy and Booking T&C
House Policy & Booking Terms & Conditions
Please remember! At all times we are a working farm, so there will be large machinery moving around at most times of the year somewhere on the farm. There can be dangerous pieces of machinery in the two yards – we don’t like to restrict access on any parts of the farm, and we actively encourage children to ask questions about farming and see the combine harvester and tractors in action, as long as parents are happy to supervise – thank you for helping Huntstile to stay safe!
- Check-in time is after 3pm – checkout by 11am on your day of departure
- A deposit of £25 per room per night is required to secure your booking, or £125 per week for self catering
- Reservations will be cancelled if a deposit is not received within 7 days of reservation
- Cancellation within 7 days of your booking will result in the loss of your deposit
- For the comfort of all our guests smoking is not permitted in any internal parts of the house,however guests are free to smoke in any outside area where ashtrays are provided.
- No more than two guests can occupy a double room unless by prior arrangement.
- We reserve the right to refuse accommodation on arrival if a guest cannot present the original booking confirmation and/or is unable to provide valid proof of identity.
- It is a legal requirement that all non-UK citizens must produce a current passport on registration.
- We always endeavour to provide guests with their first room choice but we reserve the right to change the room from that specified on the booking confirmation.
- We ask all guests to be considerate of others and keep their voices, TV and music players at a reasonable volume.
- The charge for lost keys is £25. Guests who inadvertently forget to leave keys at check-out may post keys back within 14 days without any charge being applied.
- The contract to provide accommodation will be made when we send your booking confirmation and will only be cancelled by ourselves due to events beyond our control such as illness of the owners or failure of facilities i.e. power, plumbing or heating. In such an unlikely event we will endeavour to give as much notice as possible and assist with alternative arrangements. A full refund of your deposit will be made but we will not be held liable of any additional costs.
- Ample off-street parking space is available free of charge.
- All motor vehicles are left unattended at owners own risk.
- Please advise us in advance if you require undercover storage for motorcyles and cycles.
- Any additional cleaning instance caused as a result of a guest over-indulging (i.e. vomit) will be charge at a minimum rate of £175.
- The person who booked accommodation may be liable to the cost of replacement or repair if they or a member of their party causes damage to any part of Huntstile Organic Farm property, fixtures, fittings, furniture, decoration or equipment either deliberately or due to neglect. More favourable consideration will be given if accidental damage is reported during the stay or before check-out.
HOTEL PROPRIETORS ACT 1956
Loss of or Damage to Guests’ Property
Under the Hotel Proprietors Act 1956, an hotel proprietor may in certain circumstances be liable to make good any loss of or damage to a guest’s property even though it was not due to any fault of the proprietor or staff of the hotel.
This liability however—
- (a)extends only to the property of guests who have engaged sleeping accommodation at the hotel;
- (b)is limited to £50 for any one article and a total of £100 in the case of any one guest, except in the case of property which has been deposited, or offered for deposit, for safe custody;
- (c)does not cover motor-cars or other vehicles of any kind or any property left in them, or horses or other live animals.
This notice does not constitute an admission either that the Act applies to this hotel or that liability there under attaches to the proprietor of this hotel in any particular case.
We are a dog-friendly B&B and have 3 dogs here ourselves (and there are some great walks!) however there are a few rules for the dogs:
- You must be with your owners at all times
- no jumping on the beds or furniture
- if you make a mess your human must clear up after you (either indoors or out)
- if you fancy free-range chicken or duck for supper you will have to keep a lead on!